Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Serving Homeowners Across the Dallas-Fort Worth Area with Exceptional Coverage
Moving into a new home can be a fun but stressful adventure. At Global Financial & Insurance Services, we want to make sure you can rest easy with a homeowner’s policy that will protect you and your family from the unexpected.
Why Do You Need Homeowners Insurance?
Although Texas doesn’t require homeowner’s insurance, many lenders will. Accidents can happen and we can never really predict what weather will come our way, so it’s important to have all your bases covered so you don’t go into debt trying to pay for damages out of pocket. Some of the most prevalent damage that Texas homeowners face comes from wind damage and tornadoes. Thankfully, this damage is typically covered under homeowner’s insurance.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
A typical homeowner’s policy may cover:
- Dwelling: Dwelling provides coverage for damage to your property and attached structures such as garages or porches.
- Personal property: This coverage offers a way to replace or receive cash value for items lost or damaged by certain perils such as fire or theft.
- Additional living expenses: ALE helps pay for your temporary living situation while your house is under repairs.
- Personal liability: If a person is injured or their property is damaged in your home, personal liability will help cover expenses should they choose to file a claim against you.
- Medical payments: If a person is bodily injured in your home, this coverage will help pay for their medical expenses.
Additional coverage includes scheduled personal property, which adds protection on valuables from a wider range of perils than your normal personal property coverage. You can also add flood insurance, which is becoming increasingly necessary in Texas as our flood areas grow every year.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Mobile Homes?
Homeowners insurance doesn’t just apply to mortgaged homes. You can also purchase homeowner’s insurance for mobile homes, townhomes, condos, and more. Talk with an agent today at about your homeowners’ needs and we’ll make sure you find a policy that fits your home.
How Do Home Insurance Claims Work?
When you file a claim, your insurance company will send out an adjuster to assess the damage and decide how much money your coverage will supply to fix the damage. The amount and the way it’s paid depends on what the insurance is covering. For example, you can choose to receive cash value or replacement value for personal belongings lost or damaged in the accident, but money for repairs to your home may go to the contractor directly. Be sure to speak with your agent before signing a “direction to pay” form with your contractor.
Homeowners insurance doesn’t have to be stressful. Contact us today at 972-812-5410 or visit us in office to find a policy that matches your home.